International Rome Film Festival
October 27th - November 4th, 2011: Rome Film Festival
The sixth editiion of the International Rome Film Festival will take place in Auditorium Parco della Musica from October 27th to November 4th, 2011.
Rome Film Festival, promoted by Fondazione Cinema per Roma, is not only a festival, but rather a party, huge event for all of those who love cinema.
It takes place every year in Autumn.
The event involves whole city from its center to outskirts, the aim is to involve all the people that are interested in cinema and to offer them a lot of interesting and fun meetings: parallel exhibition, meetings and demonstrations, music, fashion, literature.
Moreover, from its fundation, Rome Film Festival has made the original choice regarding to its Competition, to give the verdict on the best film, (Premio Marco Aurelio), best actor and best actress as well as the Special Jury Prize, to a group of ordinary filmgoers: film lovers of all ages who go to see every kind of film imaginable, fans but not fanatics.The sixth edition
Rome Film Festival is realized by the Fondazione Cinema per Roma. The Rome Auditorium has been designed by the famous architect Renzo Piano who donated also the exlusive image that characterise all the initiatives in program.
Official selection12 film Italian and international premieres which will make up the official competition of the Rome Film Festival.
During the projection a lot of cinematographic stars will do the traditional "passerella" (runway).
Extrait is a perfect section to open the new frontiers by those who are creating something fresh and different in the audiovisual field.
Alice nella cittàAlice nella città brings together in its program an international selection of works made for young people. 12 films in competition.
FocusNew edition, all the works that will be presented in the Focus section will be "focused" on the global theme of the environment.
Roma, the Eternal city, Caput Mundi of the Roman Empire and the capital of the Christianity.
It is the most visited city in the world. Many sites and monuments represent the masterpieces of the history and art. Between them saint Peter's Basilica, the Colosseum, the Roman Forums or the Sixtine Chapel in the Vatican Museums. Even if you come to Rome because of the cinema, you should find some time to explore the artistic treasures on the squares and streets of Rome.
The Auditorium Parco della Musica is on the Pietro de Coubertin street, only 1,5 kilometres from the center of Rome (P.za di Spagna).
It can be easily reached by public transportation :
- Bus * Cinema Line- During the days of the Rome Film Fest l'Atac founded the new Cinema Line, the special bus line to link the main placec of the event.
- Tube * Metro A Flaminio stop, then tram 2 Ferrovia (light train) * Roma-Nord - Piazza Euclide stop
Bus stops: Auditorium, Pzz. le Flaminio (Piazza del Popolo), Villa Borghese (Casa del Cinema), Via Veneto e P.zza Barberini (time: 5 minutes)
* 910 - Capolinea Termini/Piazza Mancini
* 53 - Capolinea Piazza Mancini/Piazza San Silvestro
* 217 - Capolinea V.le XVII Olimpiade/Stazione Termini
* 231 - Capolinea P.zza Mancini P.le delle Canestre (Villa Borghese) only saturday and sunday
* Line M - Capolinea Stazione Termini/Viale Pietro de Coubertin (Auditorium) from 5 till the end of last show. Every 15 minutes.
* 2 - Capolinea P.le Flaminio/P.zza Mancini
* G.R.A. exit on Flaminio Saxa Rubra, direction Corso di Francia * Lungotevere Flaminio/Viale Tiziano, Palazzetto dello Sport * At the Auditorium Parco della Musica there are over 1000 parking lots, with reserved posts for disabled.